All classes listed below are Total Control Intermediate Riding Clinic (IRC) unless otherwise noted. This is not a final schedule, we are regularly adding more dates as they become available.
The Total Control IRC℠ is the perfect next step for newer riders who are looking to improve their skills on their own bike as well as riders that have recently gotten back into riding after years off. This course includes both classroom and on-cycle instruction.
You will learn intermediate-level skills required to safely operate a full-sized motorcycle and understand the basic psychology of riding to help make better choices on the road. Topics covered include having a proper mental state, understanding two-wheeled vehicle dynamics, cornering strategies for multiple types of turns, emergency braking and evasive maneuvers.
Students completing the Total Control IRC℠ report significantly improved riding skills, confidence and the ability to make better choices about when and how to ride. The Total Control IRC℠ is also used extensively by the Navy and Marine Corps as "Level 2" training (within 60 days of completing a beginner course) and "Refresher" training (every three years) to reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities. It is officially recognized for Level 2 training by the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard, which satisfies requirements for active duty service members and civilians to get their base sticker to ride on base.
Although designed primarily as safety course, the Total Control IRC℠ is both challenging and fun. The Clinics are done in one 7-8 hour day on your own motorcycle. The cost is $175-$250 depending on location. Althought not a requirement, it's also advisable to have read the book Total Control before you get there. Copies are available at fine
bookstore and on this website.
The Total Control IRC℠ is based on the most current research in rider safety, utilizes modern training methods and has been proven to enhance student outcomes. Come experience what all the buzz is about by signing up for a Total Control IRC℠ today!
Total Control IRC℠ Riding Gear Requirements
- Helmet-DOT-compliant helmet (Full-face or 3/4 preferred). Personal helmets are subject to inspection for DOT-compliance and to make sure that they are in good working condition.
- Eye protection-Face shield, googles or some form of sun-/eyeglasses. They may be tinted or clear. Ordinary prescription glasses may be worn.
- Gloves-Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable.
- Pants-You must wear long, durable pants. No exceptions. Denim, textile or leather jeans are preferred. All pants are required to have NO holes in them and must come down to the foot. Spandez or cotton leggings are NOT acceptable.
- Jacket-Durable leather or textile jacket (armored, motorcycle-specific is preferred)
- Boots/Shoes-Over the ankle with little to no heel. Shoes can be hiking type that provides reinforced ankle support. Boots are preferred. Your footwear should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn't be higher than what is commonly on a "workman's boot." Thin fabric shoes made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star "Chuck Taylor" or dress shoe are examples of shoes that DO NOT meet the requirements.
January 7, 2018 - Mission Viejo, CA
September 23, 2017 - Mississauga, ON
September 23, 2017 - San Marcos, CA
September 24, 2017 - San Jose, CA
September 30, 2017 - Merced, CA
October 7, 2017 - Camarillo, CA
October 8, 2017 - Merced, CA
October 9, 2017 - Vallejo, CA
October 10, 2017 - Chula Vista, CA
October 15, 2017 - San Jose, CA
October 21, 2017 - Santa Clara, CA
November 5, 2017 - Simi Valley, CA
November 5, 2017 - Mission Viejo, CA
November 12, 2017 - Merced, CA
November 19, 2017 - San Jose, CA
November 25, 2017 - San Marcos, CA
December 17, 2017 - San Jose, CA
To register or for more information contact:
December 23, 2017 - Vallejo, CA
CA - www.totalcontroltraining.net
CA - www.2wheelsafety.com Santa Clara, Gilroy, Newark
CA - www.bartelsharley.com Hawthrone
CA - www.riversideharley.com Perris
CA - www.antelopevalleyhd.com Lancaster
CA - www.westsidemotorcycleacademy.com Long Beach
CA - www.learntoridevc.com Oxnard
CA - www.saddlebackridertraining.com Mission Viejo
CA - www.scmt411.com Palm Springs, San Bernardino
CA - www.cerritoscommunityed.com Norwalk
CA - www.topgunmc.com Shafter
CA - www.mre-corp.com Simi Valley
CA - www.riderite.net Van Nuys
CA - www.saferride4u.com Chula Vista
CA - www.inlandvalleysportstraining.com San Marcos
TX - www.motorprotraining.com Elgin
TX - www.mrhridertraining.com Houston, LaMarque
TX - www.gomotoschool.com Dallas
TX - www.gcmctraining.com Irving, Waco
TX - www.ridersafetexas.com DFW, San Antonio